Monday 31 January 2011

Friday, January 28th, 2011

Smitten With Love

Toronto, Ontario

A little about sex

I took my therapy trek along Bloor and Yonge Streets and I noticed the store fronts in preparation for Valentine's Day, the next wave of sensual indoctrinations, a subtle tsunami for the public. It brought to mind a line from the Gita, "Of causes of procreating I am Kandarpa, the god of love." Window Displays project images of hearts and arrows. The colours of red and hot pink are abound.

Kamadeva, the Vedic nomenclature for Cupid, has wings and flies about striking stinging arrows into the hearts of just about everyone, humans and non-humans. He's a cute and very babyish in innocence and in appearance; his baby fat is adorable topped by curls o sandy-coloured hair. Monks are supposed to feel less of his influence but they may not necessarily be exempt to such feelings. They should be better equipped to cool down the surging heat of lust. Thank god that in one's late fifties, speaking personally, the umpf feeling becomes somewhat subdued. Cupid should be buzzing right by you.

Just south of Wellesley on Yonge Streets' west side is a new shop with a banner reading "Blue God". I intentionally visited. Workers are putting the finishing touches to the interior. I stepped in to be greeted by the business partner of J.J. Das. The shop has not yet opened. The grand opening is yet to come to this chic boutique-type of space which will carry a line of unique clothes and which has already laid out booths for tattoo operations.

I was greeted by a smile and told J.J.'s not in. "He's in the hospital. Shanti just got a baby. Here!" And he showed me a picture on his phone display of a newborn baby boy. The smile was contagious. I broke out in an oceanic smile, and for two reasons.

First of all, I was happy for the baby's healthy disposition, and secondly, I was happy for the couple. Here is an example of the fruition of well-deserved man and woman's effort. J.J. and Shanti are a divine couple. They have gained a modest following, being gurus in their own right. When J.J. administers a tattoo, being a master at it, you can be assured he's counselling. He's telling something about responsibility and doing the right thing.

Back to our topic - SEX. I just gently endorsed responsible sex. I hope you caught on. I was talking about a very committed couple.

Congratulations to J.J. and Shanti!

4 KM

No comments: