Sunday 7 June 2009

Thursday, May 28th, 2009

A Troupe and a TripThurs

Baby lake, Ontario

Wherever I could squeeze in a jaunt I would, when our driver would gas up the rented van or he would stop at a store for juice and washroom break before proceeding the long journey. It took us seventeen hours to reach Thunder Bay.

Our group of eight were destined to this city to contribute to the cultural presentation of drama and kirtan at Sunday's Yoga Fest. It was a congenial group. We read the signs of places along the way and adored some of the names "Mom Lake," "Baby Lake" and then "Dad Lake" all three bodies of water come one after the other.

We caught a great glimpse of a bear. He stood in a frozen stare at us. A fox was more fidgety. It looked to be a half-bred with color grey and red. We treated ourselves to that coldest of all lakes, Lake Superior. A dip and bold swim strokes got lazy passengers blood moving. The vistas were stunning and 'new' for everyone but myself. Central Canada is a best kept secret and away from the world. So pristine it is. Half of our crew came from Israel. They now live in Toronto.

I guess you could say that all my passions are becoming fulfilled. I'm traveling. I'm with a group. We sing, dance, do drama and all of this on the platform of spiritual pursuit. It's about the most perfect set-up.

3 Km

No comments: