Wednesday 27 November 2019

Wednesday, November 20th, 2019



Toronto, Ontario
The Trail I Walked

Well I walked a minor trail today
My version of how I get some play
Been in a plane, been in a car
Don't really get you anywhere far
The trail makes time stretch so nice
A place where there's little or no vice
In my opinion it's how to go
Whether dry, wet or with some snow
I moved along in so much bliss
It feels like mother nature's kiss
Dog sitters and runners I did meet
It's so awesome movin' on my feet
The smells were so fragrantly fine
My nose took in all but the sweet pine
Much mud forced a detour and dodge
On this trail where there is no lodge
Just a creek, some stones an’ a bunch a trees
They're all there to put mind at ease
I was getting so much chanting done
The moving in peace—absolutely fun
I was alone, but then I was not
Being on the trail, the very best spot
So I ambled along on this very way
On Moore Park Ravine this very day
Before you know it, I'm off the trail
I'm feeling strong and not feeling frail

©Bhaktimarga Swami 2019

May the Source be with you!
7 km




No comments: