Friday 5 April 2019

Thursday, March 28th, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

Two People

Richard Longley, a well-educated lovely man and journalist, spent two and a half hours with me, asking a few questions.  Of course, he was curious about my long walks, but his real purpose in visiting was to take photos of the temple and restaurant, and view how we are utilizing a space which was once a Methodist Church.

Richard has written a number of articles for "Now" magazine, articles particularly centered on heritage buildings. In any event, he liked what he saw and heard, about us and our space.  He really enjoyed the prasadam, the blessed meal, at Govinda's.  Let's watch for the upcoming article in the "Now."

My day was full, and by the end of it, I had the pleasure of strolling my feet down Yonge Street.  It's always the young on Yonge whom you see, and one of them got interested when he saw my robes.  A conversation, not unlike others I've been involved with, ensued.

"Buddha?" he asked.

"No, Krishna!" I said.

"Christian?"

"No, Krishna!"

"Oh, Hare Krishna!"

"That's right!"

"I've seen you guys."

"Great!  Here's my card.  It has a mantraon it."

"A what?"

"Amantra, and it's for purging, for healing."

"I could use that," he said, "I've just got over a hundred charges laid against me, including theft and insulting an officer."  

That's where the conversation got really interesting.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: