Thursday 25 April 2019

Saturday, April 20th, 2019


Durban, South Africa

Back to Home Affairs

The Minister of Home Affairs for South Africa, spent two hours with us at the Festival of Chariots.  Honourable Siyabonga Cwele and I bonded in a certain kind of way, as he was the person who saw to it I could enter South Africa.  The day I landed at the airport, I was rejected for a relatively full passport, about which Cwele told a handful of us, "I travel a lot and have a full book where officials manage to stamp somewhere."

In any event I was three feet away from the plane departing with boarding pass in hand, luggage in the plane, when a call came to the officials with me.  It was Cwele on the other line saying that my passport was valid and that I was not a criminal.  The result of that call meant cancellation of that flight.  Thank him.  Thank God.

While His Honour spoke to us, he also expressed that he and his department were "here to serve and not to be served."  He's a real gentleman.

After the time spent with him and Durban's deputy-mayor, Fawzia Peer, I led another one of those sweat-bound Bhakti Cloud dances.  Finally, our performance of, "Grandsire," was staged for the pleasure of all.  The sky had begun to spit water on the festival goers, and this rain encouraged our tent to fill up quickly.  Usually it is not a problem.  Organizers say the dramas are the biggest draw to the event.  That is so gratifying to hear.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfZwMylu_g/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1k1yhh1f2vix8

From the applause and ovation of the audience, we could see the story rendered of Bhishma was loved.  The only missing link in today was walking.  Before leaving for the site, I was determined to get in at least one kilometre.  So I did.    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfcFXOFTUU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1vk1q0a68lky7

May the Source be with you!
1 km




No comments: