Tuesday 30 April 2019

Thursday, April 25th, 2019

Centre de Flacq, Mauritius

Wake Up

I woke up with low energy.  Instead of lower back issues, which I've been confronted with in the past, my right side went quite stiff.  A nice guy by the name of Gopal, took me to another end of the island to see an expert massage therapist, then to a doctor for medicine.  Pray for me that healing will happen in a pronto manner.

I did go for an extended sleep.  Time ran short for any walking.

My friend, Sri Niketan, from Europe, is 70.  He has knee challenges, something we have in common.  I cannot make this a complaining session.  I must be grateful for the services I have.  I'm glad to be alive and happy to have a good friend in Sri Niketan, a man of the first generation after our benevolent guru, Prabhupada, came to the western world.  Those of us who fit into that category are becoming rare collector's items.

"Hello Love," is the loud caption on Balaram's T-shirt.  He is helping me as narrator for our play, "Gods and Demons."  He's got a good voice and is learning how to project and articulate.  This is definitely a succession plan, getting the younger generation to gain experience.

Like me, Balaram took up fine arts as his major; the only difference is, I dismissed the classroom and entered a monastery.  It was so radical of me but I was determined to go spiritual.  It was the only thing that made me happy and made much sense.  I needed dimension in my life, and I believe I've achieved it.  Mind you there is a journey of self-control yet to tread.

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: