Sunday 24 July 2016

Thursday July 14th, 2016

Thursday July 14th, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

Some Reflections

I got fairly busy--much to do with the weekend Fest, The Festival of Chariots, perhaps the largest in North America.  So little time for walking.  I did, however, compile some thoughts on the art:

#1) Walking through the countryside at normal speed allows you the time and space to absorb all that's around you.  It enhances appreciation for nature, people, and the Creator.

#2) Rain came down for hours and I was holding up the umbrella while trekking.  After some point, I gave up on the umbrella and just let the rain and wind do what they wanted. Instead of resisting, I chose to accept and free myself from those elements.  You can get to a point where you realize, "I'm not this body.  I'm actually a spirit--a spirit in motion."

#3) I enjoy walking and I enjoy the mantra meditation, but I will admit I'm not ecstatic about either at this point.  It's not a major stimulation or adrenaline rush, but I do see and feel the power they wield and how they wear away at the mind, which channels the ego.

#4) Regarding pain or fatigue: It's better to have a physical ache or pain with a peaceful mind, than have a pampered life style with an agitated mind.

#5) God created us with half of our body made of legs, so I believe in using them for Him.  I find there is no better or more personal way to meet people than with the low-tech, highly organic approach of using the legs.  The legs were made for walking, and the mouth for speaking about the absolute.  Perfect combination!

May the Source be with you!

0 km



No comments: