Saturday 2 January 2016

Saturday, December 26th, 2015

Saturday, December 26th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

Recalling This Relatable Neighbor

One neighbor, just down the street on Roxborough, is a known artist; he sketches portraits. I didn’t know about his skill until more recently. I’ve seen him for years walking his dog. My seeing and greeting him has been happening for so many years that the current dog he has is not the dog of the past. Both my neighbor and I have outlived them.

On our last bumping into each other, he had been curious to know where I had been doing my extreme walking lately.

Pennsylvania, part of New England, and New York,” I said.

“You know, I should do a portrait sketch of you,” he offered.

“Sure, if you have the time.”

Well today, Wayne Terry, the artist, brought the portrait over. He did a splendid job. I mentioned to him that I get embarrassed to see myself; that I’m not a fan of looking at myself. He remarked that most people don’t.

Anyways, he was really nice about it and left. I offered for him to enjoy lunch with me someday at Govinda’s, located in the ashram.

Wayne is terribly good natured about everything. He reminds me of what neighbors are all about. You share the same karma with them in terms of territory, interaction, and encouraging each other. ‘Love thy neighbor as much as thyself’ comes to mind. Not all neighbors are nice, but you still need to love them somehow. But Wayne is not like that.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: