Wednesday 28 October 2015

Friday, October 23rd, 2015

Friday, October 23rd, 2015
Elderton, Pennsylvania

The Sun Drew Mist


As the sun drew mist into the air, Karuna, Tre’von, and I could hear regular gun shots in the not-so-far distance.  It’s deer-hunting season and one couple, while driving down en route to their hunting destination, came upon us.  The woman pulled out of the van requesting a photo.  I guess you could say, “A funny thing happened to me in the forest.  I met a monk.”

En route towards the college town of Indiana, Tre’von and I met a biker who deliberately went to the store after seeing us.  With a big heart, he picked up two well-intended sandwiches – cheese and ham – along with lemon water.  As vegetarians, we just couldn’t surrender to the meat but I believe in my heart and soul that the man gave with all his heart.  We accepted his package with its contents and carried them for some good distance before we had to renounce.  I will not forget the joy of the donor’s face when he offered his gift.  Will he be blessed?  God will see to it.

At a crossroads in the town of Elderton, I was moving on the green light when a stopped motorist yelled for attention.  I looked and he asked, “Do yah take donations?  I read the article about you.” I went up to the driver.  He gave a bill and asked, “This will help you with your travels?”

“Why, thank you!  Thank you, so much!”

The response from the public has been phenomenal.

Our evening was spent at the West Virginia farm community, New Vrindavan, where I spoke about ‘Tales from Trails’ and how I hold my guru, Srila Prabhupada, totally responsible for the mercy that comes our way.

May the Source be with you!

21 miles / 33 km

No comments: