Friday 20 June 2014

Monday, June 16th, 2014

Rock Creek, British Columbia

Terrific Ordinary People


During my walking break time, I converged with my backup team in Rock Creek Trading Post.  We met Steven, a former TM teacher from Toronto, who came up to us to sing the ancient song in Sanskrit, "Govindam adi purusham tam aham bhajami..."  This means, “Oh Creator, I consider You totally awesome, for You are the original person.”  This is a popular song sung in Krishna temples all over the world, and Steven happens to know it.  Amazing how when and where you meet the most ordinary but special people. 

Today I also met Derek, Jared and Kim, all of Bridesville.  And even though perception  may have it that we are looking at just ordinary people, because they reached out and offered to help me by proposing a ride or giving directions, I considered them extraordinary.  Also, along the walk, I met a Dutch couple who pulled over their RV (recreational vehicle) and wondered if I was the monk they read about in the Creston News.  Right they were.  He is from Holland and she, from Surinam.  What a fabulous gesture it was of them to invite me into their mobile home in sheltering me from the rain for a time. 

My last installment of walking permitted me to meet cyclist, Mark, from Ireland.  What an upbeat fellow he is.  His journey, like many who traverse the vast track of land, happens to end up being one of pursuing self discovery.  It’s not what he initially anticipated.  He admitted about his trip, “I’m learning a lot about me.  It’s meditative.”

May the Source be with you!

46 KM

No comments: