Thursday 27 March 2014

Tuesday, March 25th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Birds and Time

I arrived at the Toronto Airport, anticipating warmer weather than what the prairies offered.  Such was the case, but we are still looking at below zero degrees, and what appears to be the most stubborn winter I can remember.  It’s interesting, one place that I visited in Winnipeg, Fort Whyte Alive Park, recently saw about 200 of those iconic birds, Canada geese, land on its grounds.  After a few hours, the birds got up in flight and headed back to where they came from, directions south.  People at the sight who had been working in the park for thirty years, never saw anything like this before.  It  just wasn’t the time yet for the feathered friends to settle in the north.

The chill, a mere ten degrees Celsius below zero, did not deter me from a daily walk.  I’ll always bundle up and brave any condition if equipped.  I just had a few precious hours at home, at the ashram, to reconnect with the other monks there, as well as with visitors.  That was more of a priority.  I did also manage to slip in a drama practice with some keen volunteers for our next take on “Little Big Ramayan”.  Stephen has come forward to play the role of evil Ravana.  He’s an opera singer.  And Corrado is a professional dancer and plays the deceptive Marichi in the form of a deer.  Somehow the talent is coming my way and I’m grateful. 

Monk-bonding and a scheduled rehearsal consumed some beautiful time before preparing for an early leave for Ohio the next morning.  I guess I stopped at home for as long as the geese stayed at the park.  This loss of time for a trek I’ll make up the next day, even if I have to fight for it.  The warrior in me will arise, watch out, time! 

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: