Tuesday 11 March 2014

Friday, March 7th, 2014



Kolkata / Delhi / Brussels / Toronto

Speed of Wind

Maha Mantra and I were moving with the speed of wind between airports.  First of all, the road from Mayapur to Kolkata is always a rough one, full of potholes and crazy traffic.  I will always love India for its people and its spirituality, but not its systems or lack of.

Delhi’s airport is world class, but not its air, it’s hot and stuffy.  You wonder why you call it an airport.  Our flights are on Jet Airways.  Maha Mantra and I managed to maintain a relative spiritual program on and off board.  It consists of a look at verses from the Gita.  We discuss.  We chant the song, Guruvastakam, in appreciation of the guru, right there in the airport in Brussels.  Of course, I also get a chance to contribute to this blog.  Some much needed dozing also happens to take place.  Then, Maha Mantra, being the disciplinarian and monk that he has been, asked me if there was anything I thought would be appropriate for him to watch on the televised screen in front of his seat.  Surely, I did my homework and gave my honest assessment.  I thought that the only good learning, near enlightening, or historic subject matter, would be a choice of films, “Lincoln”, or “The Butler”.

From Brussels to Toronto we experienced so little turbulence in the air.  The main turbulence would likely be that of mind.  As you may be aware, the Gita states that the wind is easier to harness than the mind. 

A word about that – the mind – is that it is the role played by my associate, Maha Mantra, in our Gita production.  He did splendid playing that sporadic character.  I am grateful to him for being with me in the travels and in the productions. 

I’m also happy about the pilgrimage to India.  I already expressed my likes and dislikes.  In it all, we are supposed to have the vision that God should be seen in all circumstances.  When there is a little bit less favourable circumstance, then it should always turn into an opportunity.

In landing at Toronto Airport, with a zero Celsius degrees, both Maha Mantra and I took a breath of that air, once the doors opened for us at the parking lot.  Personally, I see God in the form of fresh air, one of multiple manifestations.

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: