Saturday 28 February 2009

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009

Toronto, Ontario

"HANKERING FOR MAYAPURA"

Under normal circumstances I would be in Mayapura, India, at this time assisting Pragosh, host of my evenings of devotional presentations. I would be a director of plays to a receptive audience under a pandal where pilgrims come from all over the world, soaking-in the moon and sun-like rays of two kindly souls, Nityananda and Chaitanya. The process of indiscriminant delivery of mantra power to the world started with these two saintly personalities of West Bengal.

Mayapura is Chaitanya's birthplace and his companion, Nityananda, eleven years his senior, is also from Bengal.

When Europe was undergoing a Renaissance of sorts, India had its own version - a spiritual revivalism with Chaitanya as one of the great luminaries of the time.

This year I'm grounded but it's a small victory day. I got discharged of the I.V. unit and can now taste a small dose of liberation. I managed to trek for 3 kilometres - another victory.

My mind gravitates to India, however. The show (play) must go-on without me and I know that I have the understudies, proteges to see that this year's drama, "Vamana". The story of the walking avatar, will be a success in my very absence because of the sincerity behind the project.

That word sincerity is a striking word which alters the quality of my performance, off-stage or on. It is sincerity behind anything that is the heart's extension.

3 Km

No comments: