Tuesday 3 March 2009

Thursday, February 26th, 2009

Encouraging are the Words

Toronto, Ontario

Today I picked up speed although I would still classify the brief walk as a stroll. Patrick, a regular temple-goer, agreed to be my walking companion through posh Yorkville area. He set the pace to his normal speed but I had to remind him if you want a partner then you have to slow down.

Patrick has as interesting mind and is meticulously analytical with names and numbers carefully calculating subtle meanings behind what he observes. I personally have a hard time keeping up to his analytical brain. I just find it fascinating that the world has within it such incredible diversity. Patrick is unique but I’m glad to have someone near me on the stroll.

While On Yonge st. we bumped into Devadatta, one of the brahmacaris from the ashram on his way back from yoga lessons. Deva is taking an intensive course in order to be able to train people in concentration, relaxation and ultimately a focus on bhakti, the science of devotion. With the coming certification he will be recognized as a registered yoga teacher. In my heart I want him to do well and to become an outstanding yoga master.

As Patrick and I proceeded on we encountered at least three homeless people. It was they who seemed to have no apprehension about saying those two magic words upon seeing us, “Hare Krishna”, in a cheerful tone bounced off their tongues. For me it was the sound of cheerleaders saying, “keep going! You’re doing good and you’ll get back to regular walking before you know it.”

God was speaking through them so it was profound.

3 Km

No comments: