Tuesday 9 September 2008

Monday, September 8th, 2008

Monday, September 08/08 - Newbridge, Ireland.

When reaching a town or city in Ireland you may come upon a street light like the one's in Newbridge. It is a long wait for a pedestrian, a good one minute and thirty-five seconds. Either this is ridiculously a long wait or I'm just an impatient North American and unworthy of wearing vocational clothes. Like the rain in Ireland this is one more feature of the country I must come to accept.

Igor has been asking questions as we walk togeher. We both favour the quiet back road where it is without engine noises and where we can converse. We end up chanting together. I'm teaching him bhajans such as "Shri Guru Vandanam" a song to praise the guru. The road sometimes becomes a classroom.

Vicky from the paper in Newbridge was lively. I referenced St.Patrick as one who guided people in pilgrimage. Mout Croagh Patrick was the rock he climbed which was done barefoot. I showed Vicky my crocs and she was astounded that this is my footwear in Ireland. The Kildare National also conducted an interview.

Pat Malone and family had invited the four of us lads to his home for Sat-Sang, chanting, discussions and refreshments. What a beautiful devotional family!

42 Km

1 comment:

Bhakta Randy said...

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!!

Humble greetings dear Maharaj. I am so glad I have found your Blog. Now I can remain "in touch" on a daily basis. Vrindavan das told me about in when I visited the temple this last weekend.
Please know I am praying for you on your walk and think of you every day.
Hari Bol!!
Bhakta Randy