Wednesday 13 February 2008

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mon. Jan. 21/08 - Blenheim, Ontario
The previous day was spent at McKinlay Funeral Home to have the last glimpse at the man I adored, my first guru, my father. Surely his life force is gone and moved on.
A member of the family booked several rooms for us at Chatham’s Comfort Inn. I took to early walking in robes of course. It was dark and a person reported to the police that someone was walking in slippers and a gown in this 20 below degrees so police came. I undid my hood and explained that I’m a monk and having my last reflective walk before burying him this morning. Respectfully they offered a word of condolence and went on their way.
My three sisters and two brothers attended the last rites at St. Mary’s church, then the burial right next to mom who was placed there in 1992.
Farwell, dad.
9kms

No comments: