Wednesday 13 February 2008

Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday January 18/08 - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I am truly spending more time in the air than on the ground these days. However, my brief walk with companion Pandu, is practically like being in the air. My hosts in Harrisburg are Tand Krishna and Lila Katha, an absolutely lovely couple. Their home is at the top of one of those Pennsylvania hills. The January winds offer a chill. Leafless hardwood trees are set against white slopes and it’s rather appealing to me.
In the evening I was asked to speak at a community centre which is a weekly venue for those keen on Bhakti yoga. The topic was verse 10:12 and 13 of the Gita which addresses the preference of the manifest over the unmanifest aspect of the Supreme. I relayed to the group of forty or so people how in my younger years I was wrongly put in prison overnight and a day 30 years ago and while there I met a manifest God.
Truly this prisoner was self-declared and I asked him if he could manifest his universal form as outlined in Chapter 11 of the Gita. His rather questionably intelligible remark was,” I am not up to it now but I’ll do so when I wish to.”
The remark brought laughter to the enthusiastic group. One man in the group wanted to hear about some anecdote from the road so that sent me flying not through the air but through the ether, through time and on those roads again. Naturally we had tales to tell to the gathering and it appeared that they too were transported to a world of walking.
A modest 2kms.

No comments: