Wednesday 8 April 2020

Thursday, April 2nd, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

I’m Sorry

I’m catching up, somewhat, on finding out how others are doing, in other parts of the world, in the wake of the Covid19 virus.  I called my dear friends in Cleveland, Paurnamasi and Mike. Mike was in the sauna.  Paurnamasi answered and, judging from what she tells me, the situation in Ohio is like anywhere else, shut down; stay at home.

Since Mike retired last year, he’s been more active devotionally. I wish this great couple a happy Ramnaumi. They are terrific. They are preparing some nice baked goods, driving to homes of people they know and delivering them to their doors; not coming inside; taking all precautions. This kind of neighbourly act is what is wanted right now. We may distance ourselves, but we need not alienate totally from each other.

This evening I did another one of those Facebook streamings. The topic was “Happy Birthday.“ The content was a bit more about how to deal with isolation. Examples are there in The Ramayana, in the talks of Rama, in The Mahabharata regarding the Pandava princes being in exile, and finally, in the story of Krishna‘s birth, which occurred when His parents were imprisoned.

My dad, who is from the Netherlands, used to speak about the Jews under deportation to horrible situations, or those in hiding, like the Frank family, isolated for two years in a spice factory upper level.

Many people who are accustomed to visiting their places of meditation, prayer, and worship are missing going to these places. I’m getting calls. “Can we make a short visit to the temple?“

And we have to say, regrettably, “I’m sorry!“


May the Source be with you!
3 km






No comments: