Thursday 31 October 2019

Friday, October 25th, 2019


Toronto/Brampton

Baby God and Men In Black

All over the world, there is a Damodara buzz going on. Damodara is a name of Krishna, referring to His mother chastising Him for His naughty behaviour. This event is meditated upon by offering lit ghee wicks before the images of Krishna and Yashoda.

While this warming ritual is taking place for one month globally, Vidyanidhi hosted this sweet program tonight. He’s one of our followers, an architect from Brampton.  Many newbies, or first timers, came for the song, lights, and food. Ajamila, my Bengali friend, led the kirtan in his outgoing, soulful style.

To get to Vidyanidhi’s home–a mere forty kilometres from our downtown ashram–I decided to go for a head start on foot. “Please pick me up, Jaya. I’ll be going north on Bathurst.” On Bathurst, you find many Jewish folk honouring the Sabbath. It is the weekly day of rest, observed from sundown on Friday until the three stars are visible in the sky on Saturday night. One way of observing this sacred day is by going to a synagogue or Jewish worship centre. So, in my trekking north in anticipation of Jaya showing up, I passed by numerous men in black with black hats.

They were nice to me. I was nice to them. We tried to exchange a nod, a smile, a word or two. It was the beginning of a brief relationship on the spiritual platform.

May the Source be with you!
7 km



No comments: