Wednesday 16 October 2019

Sunday, October 13th, 2019


Tirupati, India

Austere

This is about the most austere practice that I have to go through.  Perhaps I can speak for some of my peers as well.  It is not the 33 degrees Celsius heat, which feels like 40, that has become the challenge.  The snacks  and juices at meeting sessions are satisfactory.  The company itself is beyond any heavenly requests and  I’m in the midst of the best saints.  What really poses a difficulty are the long sit-down sessions. 

The topics of the meetings are important, for sure.  I just crave formal stretch breaks.  Maybe some aerobics would do?  Why not some ‘Krishna Zumba’!?

At the end of today’s session, very unconsciously, I displayed a grin, and Niranjan Swami asked for a kind explanation. 

“I wasn’t aware, “ I said.  “I just feel relieved.”

He laughed.

Don’t get me wrong.  The men and women who sit in the room are precious.  Just a little ‘Zumba for seniors’ could make all the difference.  I think I’ll suggest it to one of the facilitators, even if it’s just in jest.  Let’s see what will happen.

Yamala Arjuna came from Delhi to join us.  My room is not totally private.  It was like this sometimes in Mayapur, when my room was also crammed with young actors.  For some reason,  I like the company.  In fact, outside my door, I place a strip of sticky pad over the ‘NOT’ on the sign DO NOT DISTURB.  I do, however, sometimes desire my private moments, and then I tell the gang to abandon ship.

May the Source be with you!
5 km






No comments: