Monday 28 October 2019

Monday, October 21st, 2019



Ottawa, Ontario

We Met Bradley

Jay and I drove east on scenic Highway 7.  When we arrived in downtown Ottawa, I asked Jay to just drop me off at Parliament Hill so I could walk to the ISKCON Centre along the Rideau Canal.  It was awesome in the Autumn air, with water next to me—although water levels were very low.  I was told the canal gets dredged, and then soon after the Rideau River flow will replenish it, leaving enough water to prepare for the first real freeze, thus transforming  the canal into a popular skating rink.  I actually hankered for more sauntering but I didn’t want to be late for a Board of Directors meeting on Somerset Street East.  It was only two kilometres to get there.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B39Ec83AuAz/?igshid=1cdt4qvtci1gx 

The meeting went well; it’s a good crew running it here.

Just before dinner, Bradley, from Alberta, walked in.  He is one of those genuine yogi types.  At about forty years of age, with blond hair and a beard, he expressed to us his general life experience and how he had made a turn.  He travels on foot, hitchhikes to get around, and sometimes sleeps outside, all with a purpose.

“I want to help people. This body is a vehicle. I’m for sharing with others the simple life. Money means so little.”  Bradley is a firm believer in the Almighty.  His destination is anywhere and everywhere, yet he talks about “going home,”not to Alberta, but an abode, that as he puts it, “We all know about.”

Bradley is a rare backpacker.  He sat with us as we sang the praises of Krishna as a baby.  When I mentioned to the group that George Harrison wrote in the introduction of the book, Krishna, “It might sound strange, but you can actually play with God.” That really rang true with him.  Bradley, we want to see you again.

May the Source be with you!
2.1 km


No comments: