Saturday 22 June 2019

Thursday, June 20th, 2019

Gainesville, Florida

I Hardly Walked

I hardly walked.  It's too humid.  To compensate for the loss, I swam 3 kilometres in one of those fabulous springs that the area is known for.  After a lively morning program in Gainesville, one of the members of the facility called "Krishna House," took me to Ichetucknee Springs State Park.  

Now, what is so unique about these springs?  Here's what a brochure tells me: "Springs are amazing natural phenomenon where vast underground caves and caverns form to hold water.  They are the window into the health of our groundwater."

It was in the spring that Jai Chaitanya and I swam in—the Ichetucknee.  How refreshing!  While submerged to the neck, heavy rains came.  As we body-sailed with the traditional forward strokes, the current carried us. Massive fallen trees, we tried to dodge. One such tree became a perfect anchor for me to sit upon during a gayatri mantra break before proceeding on. No alligators live here, but there are turtles galore.

The swim did the trick and spared me from a sweat-bound walk.

In the evening, I was invited for a second visit to "Krishna House," this time to award initiation to Lucy. I spoke on 10.9 from the Gita, and soon after, we gave her the Sanskrit name, "Lalita Gopi.  The ceremony was completed with a great, happy kirtan.  https://www.instagram.com/p/By9KOiFAwP8/?igshid=nuve3u07lx2

Since her younger years, people have teased her with the term "I Love Lucy.”  Perhaps now, it will occasionally be "I Love Lalita."

May the Source be with you!
2 km walking
3 km swimming




No comments: