Thursday 14 February 2019

Sunday, February 10th, 2019

Montreal, Quebec

Soft Slides on the Street

Because I'm a walker, I must do so, even today when all sidewalks are as slippery as can be.  From our  ISKCON centre in Montreal, I baby-stepped my way to Saint Catherine Street to do more of the same.  Mind you, there are some dry sections where better traction is achieved.  For the most part, it's a careful forward-moving dynamic, and I'm not the only one out and about partaking of the challenge. Other pedestrians are also focused on looking downward, watching each step, wary of a fatal slip.

However, you know, I believe that those of us who tread the trail are better off than those in cars or  chilling in front of a screen in their home.  We are feeling air and the wind in our faces.  We are meeting and greeting surya, the sun, with its warmth.  They are amiable encounters.

So a little bit of east-and-westerly soft-shoe work on Ste. Catherine's and I'm back in time to prepare for the Sunday program—the Open House.  There I found myself in the midst of well-co-ordinated dancers and chanters. Being the guest speaker I sat on the speaker's chair to deliver some words on the twenty-six attributes of a divine person.  It appeared that the community took to the message quite well.

I can say for sure that the prasadam, blessed food, was great, and well received by tongue and tummy.  The Montreal kitchen always puts out some of the best.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: