Wednesday 23 January 2019

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Round Rock, Texas

To The Heart of Texas

I was air-bound to reach Austin, Texas, and while waiting at the airport gate in Toronto, I could hear behind me two young women conversing casually, stumbling on the word “like” very frequently.  To me they sounded like caricatures.

Next, three tall fellows, quite loud in their expressions, came by to sit next to me where there was available seating.  One had on a cowboy hat.  Considering the flight, that was a give-away that they were Texans.

In the queue for boarding, a young oriental guy and I began chatting about weather and walking.  “Of course, walking is best in summer,” he expressed.

I mildly argued the point.  “Walking is good in all seasons.”

I was scheduled to give a talk, “Tales From Trails” and that happened at a community centre in Round Rock, just outside of Austin. A group of bhakti-yogis of the south-east Asian community were focused  on hearing of my U.S. pilgrimage.  I was personally proud of the fact that I did not have to merge-in any of my Canadian pastimes.  There is enough material there for both nations individually.

I also read a section of Chaitanya Bhagavat, about the life of traveler Chaitanya, followed by dance and song lessons for a kirtan. Chaitanya was a monk from the early 16thcentury, who trekked a lot, chanted, and danced with his companions, enthusing people from all walks of life.

As I have expressed in previous entries, I have remorse when I cannot fit in time for walking.  At least some leg movement occurred this evening in the form of dance.

I thank Rupasagara and Maha Sundari for hosting me.

May the Source be with you!
0 km  

No comments: