Thursday 10 January 2019

Friday, January 4th, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

Stretch A Bit

I told Billy, "I'll be north on Yonge. Just pick me up whenever you're ready. I'll be walking on the east side of the street."

"But is there a particular place where I can meet you?"

"No, I'll just continue going north."

Billy is not aware that the street known as Yonge just keeps going until it reaches the U.S. border in Rainy River at just under two thousand kilometres.  Anybody can check it out.  It's official.  The longest street in the world.  I won't accomplish that in one night.  That'd be stretching it.

Incidentally, speaking of stretching or reaching great lengths, the intention for Billy and I was to eventually meet somewhere along Yonge, then pick up his good wife, Amala, and then proceed to a meeting of young leaders who are identified as the ‘outreach’ group, the group which encourages and leads various persons or audiences in spiritual life.  The target audiences are the yoga/kirtan crowd, the young unmarried east Indian males (the women's group is yet to come), the young western crowd, the Russian community and the group of individuals who have been involved in the past but who have waned somewhat in their spiritual endeavours.

Billy spotted me at Yonge and York Mills, a mere eight kilometres up the road from my starting point.  Our venue was the home of Parama and Rukmini, who treated us to a sublime vegan prasadam meal.  They certainly stretched their kindness for tongue and belly.  Our discussion went well.  The vision I shared with the group was to shift directions of our current location downtown from less of a temple to more of a cultural centre.

May the Source be with you!
8 km

No comments: