Tuesday 15 January 2019

Thursday, January 10th, 2019

Spence's Bridge, British Columbia

The Valley and the Bridge

Jaya Govinda let me off at the juncture of the Trans Canada Highway and Venables Valley Road.  I put it to him like this: "If I don't walk now, I won't get a chance later."  He understood.  So from there I slowly ascended to a higher altitude by way of a country road which was slippery in parts.

At this late morning time, the sun was peaking in intensity.  I actually began to sweat despite the snow all around, and unpeeled my coat, but still perspired in the process of walking.

I came to some realization regarding meeting people.  Stay on the road and eventually motorists will take that road you're on.  They'll stop and talk in a small place like this. In the past I would walk from door to door to make a monk's visit, but I see now that you stay on the main trail and the world comes to you.

Now outside Venables Valley I know only a few folks.  Satarupa, a resident, kindly arranged a talk at the Spence's Bridge community hall, next to the Garuda Inn.  There's a hundred and fifty residents here, and the town is known for creating the Granny Smith's apple.  Far out!

Twenty-five or more people turned up, come from the valley, to hear a session of "Tales from Trails."  So, you have a mix of those who are informed of bhakti yoga and those who are not.  At Q and A time, a man from the valley asked, "What do you think of when you're walking?"

Answer (in short) was, "I contemplate on my three phases of time.  What I did that shapes me now and what I do now that shapes my future."

May the Source be with you!
6 km


No comments: