Friday 13 October 2017

Wednesday, October 11th, 2017

Ujjain, India

Got A Call

I was studying the reading material given to me when I received a call from Winnipeg, Canada.  It was Daruka on the other end of the line.  He had been my support person one and a half trips across the country.  He and his good companion, Billie the parrot, had been a great back-up team, but it was Daruka, now on the line, sounding not so good.  He’s currently in the hospital recuperating from his third auto accident since 2014.

Each incident was the other guy’s fault and each time it’s like a message from on high saying, “Maybe your driving days are over.”

One thing that is for sure is that there’s some bad carma here and I really feel for Daruka who has done so much for the walking mission, and is overall a good-hearted person.  He’s needing prayers.  He’s asking and I’ll deliver, and I’ll ask right now for others who know him, or may not, to reach out for his wellness.  He said this time his thigh got jammed between the driver’s door that was banged inward, and the steering wheel.  The door had to be cut through in order to free him.  He’s in pain and can’t walk right now.  He’s bedridden.

I recall in our travels together numerous times when I would be a harsh critic toward the automobile culture.  It would sound like a curse to Daruka whenever I would express something pejorative on the topic, but now he admits perhaps the remarks were highly realistic.

Nevertheless, the whole thing is traumatic for him as much as it is physically challenging.  He and I travelled tens of thousands of miles together.  No such collision.  Now it’s getting too repetitive.  Please pray.

May the source be with you!

5 km



No comments: