Friday 15 March 2013

Thursday, March 14th, 2013

Thought Walks
Mayapura, West Bengal

These days, walking entails a passionate pace up and down the third floor of the Gada Building's terrace corridor, then a continual circular power walk around the 'murti' (deity) of our Guru in the samadhi and finally a stroll at the perimeter of the Mayapura grounds where it's peaceful.

The pre-dawn time is just the best for a rare coolness of air. With a big atrtraction, the Kirtan Mela and the coming Parikrama (Pilgrimage), the crowds are increasing. The space is a flood of humans in the temple room and Panca Tattva extension. Someone even remarked, "There's lack of oxygen in here." I can appreciate that. Claustrophobia can set in. I do think about the open Canadian Prairie roads from time to time.

Six hours of my day is spent in a chair with a second round on being a student of the 'Guru Seminar.' These are great sessions on introspection. I have always liked the quote from Bhaktisiddhanta, "Look within, amend yourself rather than pry into others."
Also, in today's discussion, we touched on the topic of forgiveness which someone in our group referred to as a combined package of compassion and humility.

When we were asked to write something in our workbook on revealing one's mind in confidence, my thought was,"I have been closed-up but now I'm unlocking myself to some embarassment which is merely a humbling moment and when I hit that spot, I've reached a moment of truth."
These deliberations are like thought walks in the brain.

7 KM

No comments: