Thursday 8 March 2012

Monday, March 5th, 2012

Jackals Moved Along

Mayapur, West Bengal

Jackals moved along in their smooth trot across the field. Birds were busy perching those palm trees trying to catch a drop of morning sap for energy.

While walking with two godbrothers we heard the most odd cry from this one particular tall tree. We were left to speculate as to whether it was one of those gregarious monkeys you see around here. Being highly camouflaged or tucked away, it was hard to find the source. We finally concluded that in this land of wonder, Mayapura, that it could just as well have been the sound of a sick crow.

A fairly thick mist did set in the morning atmosphere but as usual, Surya, the sun god, burns through all the moisture, contributing to the dusty nature of the place.

Another odd thing - my three and a half week of cold, aggravated by weather fluctuation and dust in the air, appears to be terminating. The cough is almost nil and phlegm is holding in. I don't want to speak too fast until the darn thing (cold) is over. I have this particular crazy superstition that if you conclude something before its time of maturation, you might be setting yourself up for a surprise.

I should not prematurely conclude anything. I'm not the controller or decision maker in the big and subtle scheme of things. I'm not God. I'm a tiny part and parcel of the Supreme. That I feel safe in saying.

6 Km

No comments: