Monday 24 January 2022

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Galleria Mall, Toronto

Ah Yes – Change

Vijay dropped me off at the juncture of the Galleria Mall, which is certainly now being tossed in the dustbin of history. From this location, I walked back to my home, the temple/ashram, and I could see major structural changes taking place. I’ve walked Dupont before, the direct way back, and I could see former factories now redefined as condominiums. That’s what’s happening with the mall too. A major complex will be rising where shoppers once were. There is this trend, indeed, that with many people now working at home the question has risen, “Do we need so much office space?” So, along Dupont Street younger urbanites seek shelter in modern efficient boxes as residential habitats.

In my trek, I made this observation about change. It’s reality. Change can’t be changed. This afternoon, before my walk, I attended a Zoom meeting of exceptional quality conducted by Iskcon North American leaders. A younger generation is oozing out of the theme of change – change in the area of marketing and promotion and doing things differently for the 21st century. I totally support the innovations of today (but not all cultural values).

We must never lose sight of the valuable spiritual component in life. I say, “Carry on with innovation but hold the foundation in place. Keep the Supreme Powerhouse in the centre.”

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: