Saturday 18 May 2019

Thursday, May 9th, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

CAT Scan Positive

“I like the colour of your robes.  They look comfortable,” remarked the assistant at the CAT Scan Unit at Woman’s College Hospital.  I assured the friendly lady that indeed the clothes are great.  I was lying on a bench with my arms positioned over my head, this massive donut-of-a-thing came close.  

“Take a breath,” said the unit.  “Now hold.” “Breathe normal.”  Three of those directions I followed as a heat sensation came to me at one point.  I was warmed in the same way at Joseph Brandt Hospital last Friday.  “You will feel like you peed all over.”

Procedure completed.  Connor and I walked over to the Passport facility on Victoria Avenue.  Naturally there was a queue, not long, but it was there. I showed my temporary passport produced in Pretoria, and the lady at the booth handed me my fresh new ‘permanent’ passport.  That was unnatural.  No sweat. No charge.

“Just like that?” I asked.

“Just like that.  Just sign here and you’re good to go.”

I was all smiles.  Connor and I proceeded back to the ashram.  I rested.  I worked by phone.  He studied. I chatted with temple goers and then with Govinda patrons over dinner;  that included having a moment with David, one of the servers. https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQvVeVgfcv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17l6kog3krqz2 

Stephen came by.  A nice meal it was.  Then we read. He’s got an operatic voice.  We chose some passages from the Mahabharata.  

By 8:30 p.m., I’m finished.  Connor massaged my calves when my doctor, Dr. Pandith called.  

“The reading of your CAT Scan is positive. No clotting in the abdomen….” 

May the Source be with you! 
5 km


No comments: