Tuesday 12 March 2019

Wednesday, March 6th, 2019

Mayapura, India

Good Guru / Bad Guru

Basically when it comes to eating, you have to watch what you eat, when you eat, and how much you eat when on a retreat like the one in Mayapura.  This you learn from experience.  To stay in good shape, some exercise is wanted.  Some sun.  Some bathing, in the Ganges perhaps, and being careful regarding diet.

Breakfast can't be too heavy.  Some fruit is best.  Lunch is great here but choose your items.  I'm off rice these days—sweets, almost no dairy (everything here is of ahimsa milk) and I minimize deep fry.  All this in moderation, and it's best to avoid eating at night.

I was quite strict on these rules today and it showed.  A massage therapist, Bilva, worked on me for a third session since I came to Mayapura, and he noticed the difference in my overall condition today.  He noted that kidneys, prostate and general relaxation were stronger.  I must admit I really liked the fact that not only is he working on muscles but he is also monitoring me.

For the last day of our Sanyasa, GBC, Guru Sangha (SGGS) sessions over three days, our facilitator, Braj Vihari, steered us in some good directions.  We had a stimulating reading segment in the program.  And according to some, another good item was a skit performed by colleagues Anuttama, Kala Kanta and included your humble servant.  It was in two parts.  Kala played the local temple president, Anuttama was my disciple and pick-up driver from the airport, and I was the visiting monk.  We demonstrated good co-operative skills between us.  A segment also showed poor communication, while I was the bad guru, arrogant and eager for followers and dakshina (donations).

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: