Wednesday 27 March 2019

Sunday, March 24th, 2019

Brampton / Toronto

Walking / Presenting

This morning, I ventured along through the Yorkville district, and it was early—1:30 a.m.  Parties were just subsiding and the few stragglers, you might say, observed my monk apparel.  I mention this just as a comparison to the night before when I was in regular civies, civilian clothes.  There is a difference in people's response.  So for this morning, in posh Yorkville, I got this, “Are you with a party?” look.

For me, it's fun.   It makes walking that much more adventurous.

To Brampton I went, with Connor tagging happily along, by car, and at late morning.  I chose to speak at the ISKCON Centre from Chapter 5 Verse 2 of the Gita.  I liked these two lines: Jnana (or knowledge that one is not this material body but spirit soul) is not sufficient for liberation. One has to act in the status of spirit soul, otherwise there is no escape from material bondage."

Then back in Toronto, at ISKCON, I spoke from Chapter 6 about the nature of the mind.  Text 26 reads as follows: "From wherever the mind wanders due to its flickering and unsteady nature, one must certainly withdraw it and bring it back under the control of the self."

It was a receptive group, like in Brampton. We also incorporated some yoga stretches in the presentation, compliments of Dan, who's a yoga teacher in the Orangeville area.  His friend, Jason, runs a yoga studio along with his wife and he asked me how I deal with insomnia, since I mentioned it.

"I walk and chant," I mentioned, and that is how I'm currently dealing with jet lag.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: