Tuesday 19 March 2019

Friday, March 15th, 2019

Kolkata / Delhi

Run for Fun

The tiny portion of walking turned into a sprint at the Delhi Airport, when Keesh and I took to a competitive move down the runways and to the exit. Frivolity struck despite my sixty-six-year-old body, which took up the challenge of his thirty-two-year-old machine. I really didn't care much for what other passengers thought of a monk in apparent playfulness. Most of those people on the Air India flight were Bengalis or folks from the Delhi area, and I'm sure they've seen their share of holy men doing out-of-the-box feats.

Anyway, I was doing my ‘feets’ and having a good time with them after a lengthy enough drive from Mayapura, then a flight from Kolkata.  For certain, the biggest austerity of the day was dealing with Delhi traffic, then entering into Noida.

At the Kolkata Airport, our theatre troupe and I met with Giridhari Swami, an American monk who is mild mannered and hails from South Bend, Indiana.

"Maharaja," I addressed him, "I walked through your town in 2016, and even trekked through the grounds of Notre Dame Campus. Very impressive!"

To greet us at the Noida Temple was Padayatra champion, Lokanatha Swami. He is by far the most renowned monk for pilgrimage strategy. He and I share a service in advancing the walking culture. His favourite spot is India for pilgrimage, my location is everywhere. That doesn't make me the better man, no!  Not at all! 





May the Source be with you!
3 km







No comments: