Tuesday 6 November 2018

Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Owen Sound, Ontario

Seeing Results from the Walks

Dillon was up there, along with a friend, on the rooftop, tearing down shingles.  They need a replacement because winter will set in soon.  He noticed our little walking party, came over and greeted us, saying he’d been to our summer festival in Montreal.  Like him, so many people over the years have been in contact with Krishna Consciousness and it has impacted their lives.  Even from brief encounters.

At the Parliament of World Religions, I met a fellow running a booth who said, “I remember seeing you as host of the TV show, ‘On the Way to Krishna.’”  Our program ran for seven years on the Vision TV network.  Other folks were there to say, “I’ve visited your temple,” or, “I ran into you guys on the street, chanting.”

Then, after our visit to Owen Sound with the Hanna family,  I was whisked off to Toronto to catch the late afternoon program.  My dear friend Anuttama was giving the class.  He asked for questions at the end of his session.  Three people raised their hands.  The first was a man who, when a child, met me in Marathon, a gold mining community up north.  I was walking my first Canadian pilgrimage and his family invited me to their home for a rest and a meal.

The second person to ask Anuttama a question was Ray.  Ray said he’s a Christian but has admired the consciousness of the Krishnas for years.

“I met Bhaktimarga Swami on the road near Owen Sound.  We’re in touch.”  That was also back in ’96, my first walk.  I’m glad to see people coming around who made a connection to do with my pilgrimages.

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: