Saturday 24 November 2018

Saturday, November 17th, 2018

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Stir It Up

I find the trees rather tall in Buenos Aires, and during my walk in the city they appeared very plentiful.  Today I discovered that these jolly green giants are perched and climbed on by birds and squirrels and also quite frequently by man.  They have a system here where a company comes to thin the tree branches.  Guys in green were really at it with the cherry pickers, pulleys and chainsaws.

One local devotee, Seva Kunj, mentioned to me that the storms here cause major damage with falling branches on cars, homes and even people.

I was thinking that pruning or a weeding of sorts is a personal undertaking we should always apply to our varying levels of contempt, anger, lust and so on.  I’ve always found mantrameditation to have a good effect in this area.  It is a way to surface the poisons within.  It reminds me of the story of the churning of the ocean of milk, by gods and demons.  They stirred up all the contaminants that lay beneath before the great treasures were to be enjoyed.

The message is: “Stir it up!” and “Get to the essence!”

Outside of hearing a nice class from Bhakti Gaura Vani Swami, eating and some greeting, another day was spent in the drama practice.  It’s a meditation in itself.  What talent there is in the form of these volunteers!  Such patience too!  I am blessed as director.

May the Source be with you!
4 km

No comments: