Saturday 24 November 2018

Friday, November 16th, 2018

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Long Day, Fine Night

It had been a long day of immersion into the story of King Chitraketu through drama practice.  It involves twenty-five volunteers plus, and we all work hard.  That, and e-mail correspondence, brought me to beyond midnight. I began my committed chanting of sixteen rounds on my meditation japabeads, while pacing back and forth in the courtyard under a fun sky, where whitish clouds appear and move on, at play with a glowing moon.  The air and wind are very alive at this time of year, full of prana, life force.  It is spring here.

My walking was in a shape of eight, just to add an extra feature to the already beautiful and peaceful moments that were passing.  At one point, I walked to the entrance of the courtyard by the wrought-iron gate, only to see or hear people active in the party-mode.  Loud voices, especially, filled the atmosphere, and I questioned, of what value is most of the boisterous conversation?  Not worth much, I concluded.  Under the influence of substance, what priceless parlance could there actually be?  Especially if it rattles on and on.

God, I thank you for sparing me from the lifestyle I am hearing outside the gate.  I was there before.  I reflected on the verse that I spoke from in the Bhagavatamclass earlier, yesterday.  It is a well-quoted one, spoken of by our guru, Prabhupada.  From 10.14.8 it reads as such: tat te’nukampāṁ susamīkṣamāno… Translation: Oh Krishna, one who constantly waits for Your causeless mercy to be bestowed and who goes on suffering the reaction of past misdeeds, offering You respects from the core of the heart, is surely eligible for liberation for it has become his/her rightful claim.

I guess I better get eligible.

May the Source be with you!
6 km

No comments: