Sunday 21 October 2018

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Orange Is the New Black

I am the proud owner of a pair of shocking orange Nike Sneakers.  They could blind you when set against any flora or fauna, dirt, carpet or any floor.  Wildlife in the forest will flee in fear at their intensity and I, the bearer of these shoes, look pale when sporting them.  My orange robes are upstaged.  They are indeed a head-turner and a show-stopper, if I were to have them on the stage.

This kind gift of Vraja Kishor from New Vrindavan was given from his heart.  It was a birthday gift.  Also, more than one person informed me, “You will be the coolest invogueswami in town.”  

“Flash at the feet is where it’s at,” said one, when he detected that my more conservative side expressed itself when wearing them while in the crowd during a kirtan.

I’m going to break in the shoes and, in the course of walking, see the reactions from folks in the city.  It should be interesting.  I will brave it soon, next time I hit the streets.

However, I must confess, today was not a day for an outside experience.  Let’s say it was nominal.  At noon today, Brian Carwana http://www.worldreligions.ca/life-of-brian brought his group of religious curiosos to our temple and Govinda’s Restaurant. Many were members of “Road Scholars,” https://www.roadscholar.org    and I wasn’t sure how inquisitive they were about the spirit as they were about culture.  They were nevertheless a lovely bunch of men and women, seasoned in their senior years.  I got them singing and dancing, but forgot to show them my newly acquired shockers.  http://www.worldreligions.ca/single-post/2018/08/02/The-Thing-ness-of-Religion---Discovery-Week-2018

May the Source be with you!
0 km



No comments: