Sunday 21 October 2018

Saturday, October, 13th, 2018

Mississauga, Ontario

Rain and Grass

I invited our few guests to try a simple walk in the neighbourhood.  We received a fresh and fine rain shower that inspired. My guest from Florida declined, “It’s too cold.”  It was on the defense.  It was a decent 7° Celsius.

“Now this air is fresh.  It has much prana! Prana means living force,” I explained.  Indeed it was a fresh trek—one I’ve done many times.  He missed out.

I was so happy to see Murari Gupta, our doctor-friend and devotee from Miami, who then got onboard a van destined for Mississauga from Toronto. The Grover family hosted a team of us to a grand meal.  That was fine too.  They went all out with masterful preps.  Then I was off to the airport!

While waiting at Pearson Airport I delighted in a good read.  Mukunda’s book, “Miracle On Second Avenue,” details the first temptation to come to him after making vows to the Swami, especially “no intoxication.”  http://www.krishnapath.org/Library/Random-Books/Miracle_on_Second_Avenue.epub.pdf

“The others joined in.  Wolf and his friends were enthusiastic about the chanting… They obviously knew something about Indian mantras…  They sang loudly and clapped along, pausing only to take a few deep tokes on the pipe. 

‘Wow.  That mantra’s powerful,’ Wolf said when we finished.  He shook his head back and forth fast…  ‘Here,’ he said, thrusting the saliva-soaked water pipe hose at me, ‘have a hit now.’

‘No thanks.’

‘OK, I get it,”’ Wolf said.  ‘So, you guys don’t need grass to get high.  OK.  OK!’

Everyone laughed.”

May the Source be with you!
4 km


No comments: