Monday 3 September 2018

Thursday, August 30th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

Vintage Photos

I am going through vintage photos, slides, and negatives of the old days.  In the collection are pics of Krishna deities, activities of monks doing kirtan, eating, teaching, street chanting and so on. I came upon some of myself engaged in the above, walking, and even one with our guru, Srila Prabhupada, and others.

I went through so many visuals that my eyes felt as if they would fall out of their sockets.  It is the beginning of a clean-up stage and a sorting out.  I’m also selecting the best pics for an upcoming book on my walking adventures.  Secondly, I’m preparing for a multi-media presentation for the Parliament of World Religions hosted this year in Toronto.  The subject will deal with the virtues of pilgrimage.

On that topic of walking, I didn’t take any time for a promenade; just sitting and looking occupied my time.  I rested early and rose early to start a trek on Yonge Street at 2:30 a.m..  It was great.

A few stragglers can be found at that hour, most of whom are not too holy.  Once in a while I meet a person proclaiming their allegiance to the One and Only God. In the past, it was ‘Jesus,’ who took prominence as being declared the “all in all”.  However, on this morning, I heard Allah is the One.  You do have to question how devout such people are.

The last person took a long stare at two, young, dolled-up women crossing the street.  One of them expressed, “I think we’re lost,” referring to directions.  Mr. Devout responded to the remark with, “If you’re lost, I can find yah.”

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: