Monday 17 September 2018

Saturday, September 15th, 2018

Kobleve, Ukraine

Last Day in the Ukraine

Today is the one year anniversary of my finishing the U.S. walk in San Francisco. We touched that Pacific Ocean and sprinkled water on our head as a blessing.  From the Atlantic to the Pacific, an adventure was completed.  I don’t regret it.

Now tonight, closing ceremonies took place at the resort in the Ukraine to denote an appreciation of a great party.  I always praise our guru, Srila Prabhupada, for providing a redefinition of what a party is.  No booze, no drugs, no sex, no bad music.  It’s revolutionary.

Today we also marked the last installment of my “Kirtan Standards Seminar.”  The group who came to listen was very regulated, numbering at about one hundred each day.  They were interested in continuity.  Each night the main pandal(tent) was filled with hundreds of enthusiastic bhakti-yogisblissed on kirtan.

Also today, I was in the hot seat—the vyasasan, or the speaker’s chair.  Yes, I was the class-giver, speaking from the book Bhagavatam4.22.22, on the topic of increasing attachment to the Supreme. Sanat Kumar suggests three things: 1) be attentive to devotional rules, 2) engage in honouring the deity and 3) hear, and chant about the glories of the Supreme.

The Bhakti-Sangamais coming to a close, and I will miss its sweetness and so many brothers and sisters who are about to depart for their respective areas.  My peers have been a pleasure to be with, although I admit to some fear spasms when I sat before the final group of such great proportion.

May the Source be with you!
5 km


No comments: