Saturday 20 September 2014

Friday, September 19th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Prove Improve Disprove

Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, would always make the point to prove that you are human.  On the basis of behaviour and belief, it can be ascertained whether one has actually achieved this honoured status.  It has much to do with the ability to go beyond eating, sleeping, mating, defending, and the ability to discern the difference between right and wrong and between matter and spirit.  A human cannot claim superiority, more so it’s responsibility that makes the human. 

To prove the point, you should always improve.  We know that ‘to err is human’, we make mistakes, but we always endeavour to correct them, prove and improve. 

I went on foot on this fine day of sun and temperate degrees to the ‘Brickworks’.  An abandoned quarry which had provided mud for bricks had turned into a haven for people who enjoy urban greenness.  Every time I make my way here, my feet up to my head, reach a happier state.  I see that the grounds are improved each time. 

Recently a switchback path had been introduced which takes you to an elevation point where you can view the valley from above, and the rather stunning cityscape from the distance.  The pathway is lain with tiny stones and not asphalt, thank God.  I congratulate the workers on this and the city that supports them.  They are maintaining, proving, and improving, while disproving that neglect works. 

Few cyclists come to this little nook, few runners.  It’s primarily walkers who escape the city madness while being in the city in this location.  Here’s my challenge, I dare you, you are a human being, prove it!  WALK. 

May the Source be with you!

8 KM

No comments: