Sunday 2 February 2014

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

You’re A Healer


“You are a healer,” said the man who came to visit.

“I am?”  I asked.

“Yes.  The last time I came here you made me feel so much better.”

“Perhaps I sent some vibrations out to you.”

He was adamant and said, “You did, but it’s the things you said that helped me.”

To my recollection, I had said very little to our visitor, a young 27 year old.  Perhaps if I had said to him on the previous visit, “Please chant,” or, “You are not this body,” something instructive or philosophical, although brief, then he’s justified in what he is saying in my being a healer.  Medicine in the form of words can cure life, especially if it’s a time tested prescription, and not your own concoction. 

“You really helped me,” he insisted, “but I need some more help from you.”

“And what would that be?” 

“I’m at that age where I need to settle down, do you arrange marriages?” he asked.  It was sincere.

“My friend, I’m a monk, so I don’t get involved in such matters.  Choosing a life partner is something that you, your family, friends or all combined can help with.  We can perform the marriage once you’re set.”

“I really appreciate it,” he said as he got up from his chair and proceeded to the ashram’s dining room at Govinda’s.

Regarding being a healer, I can attest to some self healing – a few yogic cobra poses and a good 8 KM walking on the heels with Nick and Patrick.  That seemed to help tonnes with a sciatic nerve issue.  It would appear that healing powers are in everyone.   A good piece of advice can indicate you’re a healer, even if you don’t possess the ability to cure through the physical touch.  Start healing!

May the Source be with you!

8 km

No comments: