Thursday 6 February 2014

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Ongoing Pilgrimage

Life for me is an ongoing pilgrimage.

Again, it’s a voyage overseas – to India this time.  The trip will have nothing to do with the mystical walking on water or the Atlantic; haven’t mastered that one yet.

I recall on a visit to New Waterford, Cape Breton, in the early 90’s, that a group of curious kids was following me during a meditative walk by the ocean’s shoreline.  They were pre-teen, about six of them, one of the boys, the spokesperson, met me at the juncture of a road nearby.  He and the others had the look of spooked kids.  I guess they had never ever seen a guy in robes before, and robes that were being tossed about by ocean gusts.  He boldly stepped forward and asked, “Do you walk on water?”

I hate to say that I disappointed the group, that I was unable.  “I’m working on it though.”

What is going to happen today as I will take flight with Jet Airways to Brussels, and then on to Delhi, penetrating a rich and thick snowstorm. 

Yes, indeed, the elements are strong.  Nature is overbearing at times, but as the Gita so profoundly says, “The forces of nature are insurmountable, but one who takes shelter of the Supreme can easily cross beyond those forces (of birth and death).”  That is quite mystical.

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: