Saturday 8 June 2013

Wednesday, June 5th, 2013

I Met A Backpacker…

Thunder Bay, Ontario

I met a backpacker from Scotland. I met Shona, an acquaintance who helped me on a drama at Lakehead University in the past. And there was Derek, an artist, who took to a kirtan with me five years ago. It was all these stumbled upon folks that I met, and all because of being accessible, being on foot, in the robes, and on the street. They were touch-heart encounters.

In the evening at the Vedic Cultural Centre, I delivered more selected sutras, codes, and aphorisms for the attendees to take home with them. I selected these codes which were no more than four words to make it easier, and here they are:

Athato brahma-jijnasa

One should inquire into the Absolute.

Ananda-mayo’ bhyasat

I am seeking inner pleasure. (Vedanta Sutra 1.1.12)

Ceto-darpana-marjanam

Clean the heart of all impurities. (Siksastakam 1)

Tam eva viditva

Freedom is possible only by knowledge of the Absolute. (Svetasvatar Upanishad 3.8)

Ma himsyat sarva bhutani

I commit no violence to others.

Ishavasyam idam sarvam

Everything is controlled by the creator. (Sri Isopanishad 1)

Nityo Nityanam Cetanas Cetananam

The Supreme is the prime eternal amongst all eternals, the life of all that lives. (Katha Upanishad 2.13)

Suhrdam Sarva Bhutanam

The Absolute is the friend to all living beings. (Krishna to Arjuna; Bhagavad Gita 5.29)

10 KM

No comments: