Tuesday 11 June 2013

Friday, June 7th, 2013

To the Crows Especially
 
Fort Francis/Steinbach, Canada
 
Cranes, eagles, magpies, ravens, owls, and crows.  That’s what you see.  And there’s deer, they are like ants, just everywhere, and in great numbers, especially at dusk.
 
To all of the above I salute you.  This is your space.  Can you share some of that please?  Though some of you look at each other as a meal, I can understand where you are coming from, after all, each one of you has to survive.  It is said in the Vedas, ‘jivo jivasya jivanam’, one creature is food for another creature.  This is a law of nature.  But, let it be known, you will survive, your spirit will persist while your gorgeous bodies will eventually dissolve.
 
I noticed some members of the crow family who were feasting on – well, I couldn’t quite make out what it was that I was looking at, the remains of some animal was what was left of your feast when you flew off due to my intrusion.  I am very sorry to have spoiled the fun, but I did move on, so all four of you could just go back to your feasting; I won’t step in the way.  As I said earlier on, this is very much your domain.  I happened to be passing by doing what I have to do, that is, travelling on foot, moving about, meeting my own species (humans) and attempting to convince them that life is sacred.
 
I very much believe in the signs that I’ve been reading along the way – the ones that read ‘no hunting’, or ‘no trespassing – private property’.  The property, however, is under the proprietorship of the Creator, that is the truth of the matter.
 
My dear Crow Clan, I hope you can have some empathy for me, to do my work I mobilize myself very slowly with every step on the ground while all of you have these remarkable wings that engineer a great flight into space.  I can’t do that.  In many ways, you are far superior to me. 
 
A final appeal is that we all try to act as harmoniously as possible in what’s rather and simultaneously a beautiful but crazy world.
 
20 KM

No comments: