Monday 14 June 2021

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Mount Sinai, Toronto

 

Anticipating New Knees

 

A gorgeous morning and I’m on my way to get a check up on my knees at the orthopedics department. I will be making a big decision about my knees. After meeting with Mount Sinai Hospital consultants and connecting with my own doctor (which I did this evening), I’ll proceed to arrange for surgery for knee replacements.

 

I captured a picture of a fellow who was doing a complex rock-climbing feat after he had knee replacements. That picture was framed on the wall in the clinic room. That’s inspiring.

 

The surgeon and assistant were informed of my walking marathons. They were impressed. I shared with the assistant of how I have been coping with the arthritic effects on my legs. “I’ve been applying mustard seed oil on the knees. And for addressing inflammation, I intake a bit of extra turmeric.” The mustard oil was new to her. “Yes,” I reaffirmed, “I experience almost immediate relief of pain.”

 

My walking to the hospital through Queen’s Park was a mere three-kilometre jaunt. Our residing location is just so excellent. Everything is just so nearby.

 

Now, for the night, our ashram residents took time to honor our cook Dwarkanatha. He’s 32 today. We arranged a cake for him and then I popped the first cut piece into his lotus mouth.

We all love this guy.

 

May the source be with you!

3km.




 

No comments: