Saturday 12 June 2021

Friday, May 28, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Snow, Aging and the Flute

 

Believe it or not but despite the gorgeous weather of the last few days, snow came upon us. I was leading the chant at noon in the temple room, which I do every day at what’s called the raja bhoga arti (service), when I took a glance outside. To my surprise huge snowflakes descended on the other side of the window. Mind you, those unwelcome puffs of white melted upon reaching the warmed-up ground but it was a bit of a shock.

 

I had meaningful sessions today, not just about kirtan chanting but discussions such as one regarding a senior facility for our Krishna conscious community. It is beyond the dream stage to have such a facility for the aging sector since we have a local devotee care team established which has compiled a questionnaire. This survey has recently been disbursed with results coming in. It is quite the exciting project – a necessary one which addresses needs for the baby boomers of bhakti and also includes the generation X as well as the many more to come.

 

My day ended with a walk through the park and a reading of a chapter from “Krishna” entitled, “The Gopis Attracted by the Flute of Krishna.” This I read to Sarthak while he massaged my weak knees. This chapter was first read to me during Christmas of 1972 by B.B. Govinda Swami. Reading books by our guru, Prabhupada, is relishable. They are transformative.

 

May the Source be with you!

1 km


 

No comments: