Wednesday 7 April 2021

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

My Turn

 

This was my turn — a test for COVID-19 at an assessment center. Bathurst and Bloor was the location. The queue was there but it moved fast. Once you get into a cubicle you are swabbed in each nostril and then you’re good to go.

 

That “going” was like ecstasy because it meant that after eight days, I actually had a chance to be outdoors. I arrived by taxi, however, I had the pleasure to walk back to the ashram. It’s only a 4 km walk and it’s a route through Kensington Village. Hey, I’m glad to see graffiti being stripped off the public washroom.

 

Before the end of the summer, I am cynically sure that paint spray strips will manifest again on the washroom facility. You can see I’m not a fan of defacing buildings; unless done with finesse.

 

It was chilly, a bit, but literally being on my feet, I chose the sunny side of the street when applicable. The university was quiet and so was Chinatown. I kept my mask firmly on. The mask does shield from the occasional biting breeze that whips around the corner.

 

In one hour, I made it back. Out of habit I compare time and my pace. It’s not a race, just observation of movement in time and space.

 

The results of Covid testing will be back within a day, so they say.

 

May the Source be with you!

4 km


 

No comments: