Friday 23 April 2021

Friday, April 16, 2021

Around the Block, Toronto

 

Dear Mind

 


Dear mind,

Some days you are a friend

Some days you are foe

You swing moods up

You swing them low

I can’t always trust

You’re not in one place

You respond well to lust

Big dose or a trace

You lead me to greed

It’s not what I want

And convince it’s a need

In truth it’s a taunt

When there is anger

Pent up inside

You then do hanker

To push it outside

I don’t know why

You are so cruel

Cunning and sly

And wanting to rule

You’re some kind of clown

Silly and joking

A laugh or a frown

Nabbing and poking

Yet you are subtle

Silent and swift

Keen to befuddled

On your full-time shift

You are at your worst

When the body is idle

Every bubble you burst

To retain your title

But my dear mind,

I’m not your slave

I’ll reserve the role

Get you to behave

Get you under control

It’s my turn to reign

So settle down, sit

There’s magic in the name

It’s the perfect fit

The art to co-operate

Can take out your sting

Let us so celebrate

By mantra we sing


 

-Composed by Bhaktimarga Swami, The Walking Monk©

 

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: